Once you have finished writing your book, the hard part is not over. Now, you need to sell your book. A great way to get your name out there and sell copies of your book is to have a book signing event. Here are some tips for authors who are brave enough to embark on this adventure.
- Contact local bookstores and libraries to see if you can set up an author signing event. You may need to be persistent but eventually it will pay off.
- Advertise on social media. People won’t come to your event if they don’t know about it. Advertise on every social media outlet and ask all your friends, family, and your editors to do the same.
- Bring business cards if you have them. Even if some people don’t buy your book, they might research you and your book at a later time.
- Look Approachable. Make sure to smile and look friendly so people will want to approach you and discuss your book. You are not just selling your book, you are selling yourself as well.
- Practice your signature and decide what message you are going to write. Some authors decide to just sign their name, or write a generic message. If you opt for the generic message, figure out beforehand what you are going to say. Come up with a few messages to add some variety.
- Practice your elevator speech. Be able to describe yourself and your book briefly. Make your speech engaging and practice it so it comes naturally.
With these tips, your book signing is sure to be a success. Good luck and be sure to invite us!