It’s an epic battle among book lovers—the traditional printed book versus an eBook. While I have a Nook and occasionally read eBooks and although they have a few advantages over a traditional book, I will always prefer a good old-fashioned book. Below are some of the reasons why printed books are better than eBooks.
- No Battery Needed: Traditional books don’t need to charge, which means you can always read them. You can take them to the park or the beach and not have to worry about finding a place to plug in.
- The Smell: I know this sounds creepy, but I love the smell of books. Smelling my Nook just doesn’t do it for me.
- Libraries and Bookstores: Libraries and bookstores would not exist without printed books and it would be tragic if they didn’t I prefer to pick out books by looking at them and touching them instead of searching online.
- They are Tangible: Reading a traditional book is an experience that you don’t get when reading an eBook. Actually holding the book and being able to turn the pages makes me feel more involved in the book and I feel a greater sense of accomplishment when I am finished.
- Book Hoarding: I love being able to see all the books I own on my bookshelves at home. It’s a sickness, I know, but I like to think that I am keeping bookstores in business.