Every author goes through an editing process, and for some that includes the book title as well. There may be others who just have the title come to them in their sleep, slowly creeping in and laying eggs.
For the rest of us it is a process. Even some of your favorite authors went through title drafts, so if you are having a hard time with a title, never fear! Here are the rejected book titles for some famous books that may make you rethink your favorite books:
- How to Badly Injure and Maim a Mockingbird
- The So-So Gatsby
- The Off-White Letter
- The Thirsty Games
- Donald Trump and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- The Lion, the Witch and the Messy Closet
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Not Dying in Outer Space
- Silence of the Puppies
- The Perks of Being Average
- Men are from Earth Women are from Earth (As Far as We Know)
See, if these titles existed, even in a rough draft, then you can take your time and find the perfect title for your book as well. Just wait, it will come to you when you least expect it.