Editors have a bad reputation for being mean and cold-hearted. We often hear the myth that we take pleasure in correcting others and that we enjoy making others feel bad. We just want to say that those things aren’t true, but to show we have a good sense of humor about all the terrible things we hear about editors, here are some jokes at our expense. Enjoy.
- How many editors does it take to screw in a light bulb? Just one, but they will make you rewire the entire building first.
- The phrase “seeing red” came about when a writer received his manuscript back from his editor.
- What is the difference between a terrorist and an editor? You can negotiate with terrorists.
- What is an editor’s favorite drink? The tears of writers.
- The saying, “The pen is mightier than the sword” was said after the first editor completed his work.
- What’s the difference between an edited manuscript and a crime scene? You will see less red at the crime scene.
We would love to hear your editor jokes, so please share them with us. Of course, make sure you use proper grammar, otherwise we will make jokes of our own.