One of the hardest things about being a writer is learning how to get to the point. It is sometimes easier to write a long, eloquent story than to write a short and sweet one. While I enjoy long stories with many details and fancy words, it is sometimes better to just get to the point. Below are my attempts at being concise. I hope you enjoy my very short stories!
- His mom was staring at him in the rear-view mirror the whole way to the funeral. He dreaded seeing her there—why did he decide to have an open-casket funeral?
- Jerry gave up his dream of being a mime when he realized he was claustrophobic.
- A little boy stole Kelly’s balloon while she was playing in the park. She chased him after him; when she finally caught up with him, he gave her the balloon and their first kiss.
- The sound of his girlfriend crying was music to his ears. He screamed as he rushed toward her, which only made her cry harder. The Cochlear implant had actually worked!
- A Mayfly decided to spend a day relaxing and that’s the story of his life.
- He cried as he remembered the first time he held his wife and realized this time would be the last.