In other words, we’re bringing sexy back—sexy words that is. The below list has been compiled at great pleasure to our office, and hopefully you will find them amusing too. However, the truly important thing is to use them and then tell us about it! These words, when used correctly, appropriately and sparingly, can elevate your writing to the next level—the archaic level.
1. Bibliopole: A book seller. Isn’t it a much better way to say that?
2. Cicisbeo: A married woman’s male companion aka lover. Scandalous!
3. Coxcomb: A vain and conceited man. We can think of a few.
4. Fainéant: An idle or ineffective person. Don’t be this person, write your story today!
5. Fizgig: A silly or flirtatious young woman. Love it!
6. Grimalkin: A cat. Well, if I get cat I know what to name it.
7. Peregrinate: Travel or wander from place to place. We have the traveling bug!
8. Rapscallion: A mischievous person. This is perfect!
9. Saturnism: Lead poisoning. What a way to go.
10. Turnkey: A jailer. What a perfect name for that job.
Take these and go forth!
Write the day away and share your success. If you like this blog post, share it on social media and we will write another for your enjoyment.