- Finish your book! This should be the most important resolution for all writers. If your book is already finished then take the next steps to get it edited and published.
- Promote yourself more. Become more active on social media to further get your name out there. On top of that, attend more author events and consider joining a writing group. Basically, get your name out there any way you can.
- Start a blog. Having your own blog means you can expose your writing to more people. You can write about whatever you want; it just matters that you get people interested in your writing. When you publish a book, you will already have some devoted readers who will want to buy it.
- Read at least one book every month. All writers are inspired by other writers, so it is important to read as much as you can. The more you read, the better your writing will be.
- Support other authors. Go to book signing and book release events to support other local authors. When the time comes for you to publish you book, those other authors will be more likely to support you.
Hopefully, these are resolutions you will actually keep. At the very least, stick to one or two of these throughout the year.